The International Actuarial Association (IAA) in cooperation with actuview has launched a global competition targeting young actuaries, and actuarial students under the age of 35. The contest, Young Actuaries World Cup (YAWC) is steered by the theme „Bridge to Tomorrow“ with the focus on Diversity and Inclusion agendas.
The main objectives behind the Young Actuaries World Cup is to offer a platform for young actuaries to showcase their skills, ensure inclusivity and engagement of young actuaries on topical issues.
- Must be under the age of 35
- A full or associate IAA member
- A short video (in Englisch) not longer than 7 minutes on any topic related to the theme of competition
- Deadline (Last day of submission) was 31st October 2022
Participants are required to produce the short video (not more than 7 minutes) covering any of these areas:
- News areas in which actuarial skills are being used
- How actuaries contribute to a better society
- Opprtunities and limits of data analytics and AI
- Product: Present a new product or give an existing one new usage techniques or new features
- Climate: How actuaries can contribute knowlege in this area
- Innovative ways of tackling some big issues
- Mathematical equation or Formula: Any innovative design or new usage in this area
- Data Analytics: Provide insights into how data is analyzed or how the results are derived from data analysis.
The top four winners of the competition will be invited to present their videos at the International Congress of Actuaries 2023 in Sydney Australia after which the overal champion will be selected.
Follow the competitions here on actuview and to access all the submitted videos.